"Big Feat Memorial Walk"
to Benefit Hospice of the
| What's New
Sunday, May 16th, at 10:00 a.m.
Bring your hearts and soles to the walk;
walk in honor/memory
of a loved one
The Walk begins and ends at the Newton Centre Green
(corner of Centre Street and Langley Road)
Prizes for walking!
As one of the first hospices in the country, and the first
hospice in Massachusetts, we've been here -- offering coordinated
professional care in the community since 1978.
And we continue to be here -- for you -- providing the support
and skill needed to help people with life-limiting illnesses be as
comfortable as possible.
Working together with the person who is ill, family members,
physicians, and, when appropriate, nursing home staff, we help ease
the pain and give the peace of mind needed at this
The Hospice of the Good Shepherd:
- Provides highly skilled, professional care to people with life-limiting illnesses
in their homes or in nursing homes.
- Helps people who seek comfort and want quality of life
in their remaining months.
- Is a team comprised of our medical director, nurses, social workers, home health aides,
volunteers, and other therapists, as needed.
- Is knowledgeable, sensitive, and able to meet the needs of people of all
faiths and beliefs.
- Is licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a
hospice and covered by Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross, and other
- Serves Newton, Wellesley, Brookline, and all surrounding Communities.
The walk is a 10K (6+ miles). Before May 16th, you are
asked to get pledges for each kilometer you walk.
Before the Walk
Set a goal. A $200 goal can be reached with just twenty $10 sponsors.
- Ask friends, family, co-workers, merchants, neighbors,
etc., to sponsor you.
- Ask sponsors to pay in advance to save time so the money raised can go directly to client care
- Organize your work place to walk as a team and help those with life-limiting illnesses
- Check if your company will match your donations or collected pledges.
The Day of The Walk
- Register at 10:00 A.M. at the Newton Centre Green
(Centre Street and Langley Road)
- Bring your enthusiasm, completed pledge sheet, and cash or check payable to the Hospice of the Good Shepherd for the amount collected.
- Fruit and water will be located along the walk.
- If you are not able to complete the walk, a designated car will bring you back
- Walkers with the highest amounts collected will receive
- T-shirts will be given to the first 20 walkers with at least $100 collected.
Call (617) 969-6130 to get registration information and
People are needed to staff:
- The Registration Table -- give out numbers and balloons
- Checkpoints -- at each of the checkpoints, you are needed to help
give out water and fruit.
- Call (617) 969-6130 to sign up to staff a table
Can't walk that day? If you can't walk or volunteer, you can sponsor a hospice
| What's New
WebWeaver: Bobbi Fox,
Copyright (c) by Bobbi Fox.
Last Updated: 14 April 2002